Check out the November 2013 issue of Houston House & Home – Lindsay Canright has written a very informative piece on entertaining ideas, and making holiday parties sparkle with a few tips and tricks from Pomp & Circumstance. My fave excerpt…”Christina Landrum, a native Houstonian and the mastermind behind Pomp & Circumstance Event Design says, ‘the more glitter the better!'” Um, anything suggesting glitter and refers to me as a “mastermind” gets 5 stars in my book!
HOLIDAY PARTIES THAT SPARKLE
November 10, 2013
A few curated planning tips from Lindsay’s article in Houston House & Home.
6 TIPS FOR PLANNING A HOLIDAY PARTY
1. Start early. People tend to wait until after Halloween, but the summertime is a good time to dive into the holiday planning.
2. Send a paper invitation. Around the holidays, it’s nice to see something a little more special than junk mail.
3. Get inspired. Find one main thing that inspires you and work from there.
4. Plan your table in advance, so everything works together. A beautiful table is like a beautiful lady. She has the necklace, bracelet and earrings — and it all works together.
5. Obey the mathematics of comfort. Thirty inches is ideal for each place setting. Nobody wants to be elbow-to-elbow.
6. Hire a planner to help coordinate for the day-of. It’ll help you become the host and enjoy the party, instead of doing the heavy, lifting so to speak.
A few short weeks ago, as I was headed out of the office, my phone rang. On the other end of that line was the Lindsay Canright, calling for a quick 5 minutes interview. Thank you, Lindsay and Houston House & Home for including Pomp & Circumstance in your article. Sure glad we could help!