Check out the November 2013 issue of Houston House & Home – Lindsay Canright has written a very informative piece on entertaining ideas, and making holiday parties sparkle with a few tips and tricks from Pomp & Circumstance. My fave excerpt…”Christina Landrum, a native Houstonian and the mastermind behind Pomp & Circumstance Event Design says, ‘the more glitter the better!'” Um, anything suggesting glitter and refers to me as a “mastermind” gets 5 stars in my book!
HOLIDAY PARTIES THAT SPARKLE
A few curated planning tips from Lindsay’s article in Houston House & Home.
6 TIPS FOR PLANNING A HOLIDAY PARTY
1. Start early. People tend to wait until after Halloween, but the summertime is a good time to dive into the holiday planning.
2. Send a paper invitation. Around the holidays, it’s nice to see something a little more special than junk mail.
3. Get inspired. Find one main thing that inspires you and work from there.
4. Plan your table in advance, so everything works together. A beautiful table is like a beautiful lady. She has the necklace, bracelet and earrings — and it all works together.
5. Obey the mathematics of comfort. Thirty inches is ideal for each place setting. Nobody wants to be elbow-to-elbow.
6. Hire a planner to help coordinate for the day-of. It’ll help you become the host and enjoy the party, instead of doing the heavy, lifting so to speak.
The photo on the top right, that’s our work made gorgeous by Maxit Flower Design, Over the Top Linen, and Joseph West Photography. Same table shot below, second from the bottom.
A few short weeks ago, as I was headed out of the office, my phone rang. On the other end of that line was the Lindsay Canright, calling for a quick 5 minutes interview. Thank you, Lindsay and Houston House & Home for including Pomp & Circumstance in your article. Sure glad we could help!