A few curated planning tips from Lindsay’s article in Houston House & Home.
6 TIPS FOR PLANNING A HOLIDAY PARTY
1. Start early. People tend to wait until after Halloween, but the summertime is a good time to dive into the holiday planning.
2. Send a paper invitation. Around the holidays, it’s nice to see something a little more special than junk mail.
3. Get inspired. Find one main thing that inspires you and work from there.
4. Plan your table in advance, so everything works together. A beautiful table is like a beautiful lady. She has the necklace, bracelet and earrings — and it all works together.
5. Obey the mathematics of comfort. Thirty inches is ideal for each place setting. Nobody wants to be elbow-to-elbow.
6. Hire a planner to help coordinate for the day-of. It’ll help you become the host and enjoy the party, instead of doing the heavy, lifting so to speak.
The photo on the top right, that’s our work made gorgeous by Maxit Flower Design, Over the Top Linen, and Joseph West Photography. Same table shot below, second from the bottom.